UA-494466866-1

Saturday 3 May 2014

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Dosed - Song Meaning

I don't know what this song means to Anthony Kiedis (a girl? drugs?) but as I listen to it, I imagine he is singing that there was someone he wanted to get close to, but she pushed him away...
"I got dosed by you/Closer than most to you" meaning that he was rejected, but was also able to get closer to her than anyone else.

I don't think "Way up on the mountain where she died" necessarily implies death, but suggests that the pedestal she was on ended up being destructive.
"Show love with no remorse" and the rest of that verse is his advice to her on how life should be lived.
Since he never did reach her... "Take it away, I never had it anyway" is sort of self explanatory.
How sad, all he ever wanted was her life (aka love). 


Red Hot Chili Peppers: Dosed - Music Vdeo

No comments:

Post a Comment