UA-494466866-1

Saturday 29 March 2014

New direction for my blog...

I'm taking my blog in a new direction that I hope you all stick around for. I'm sick of typing about my illness so I am going to turn my page into a review site.

Throughout my life music and movie have played an important part in my life...especially music where it serves as a diary to me, bringing me back to certain points in my life, both good and bad, I also use music to document things in my life, by concentrating on a certain song...bookmarking a specific event that a song will take me right back too.

So first song up is Dice by Finley Quaye ft William Orbit...I love this song.

To me the lyrics take on a few meanings,
One being about losing someone you love, but the meaning of the dice...I almost think it could be about the past with the person that was lost, to the time when they were actually together and another explanation could be that the dice rolling is hypothetical/optimistic/wishful thinking...looking back on a situation and idealising it to the point of, "I've lost you, but nothing would compare to you coming back to me, taking the chance and saying you love me" I dunno, maybe it's a stretch....

The song is probably intended it to be about taking the gamble to tell someone how you feel. But it fits so beautifully to mean what i first took it to mean, so let me throw in this curve ball....

The song (at least to me) is about losing the one you love, so "I was crying over you" is the grieving" and "i am smiling, i think of you. Where your gardens have no walls" is the peace of mind they get from thinking of there loved one in a better place, where they are happy and free (no walls). And "breath in the air, if you care, you compare, dont say farewell" is the writers advice to others to just stop and realise that there still with them.

Then to be really interesting "When you roll the dice and swear your love for me". My first thought when i had this theme in my head was of the fortune teller type thing of asking a question and using the dice to give an answer (with the belief that the dead can manipulate the roll) so on asking the question, they got an answer that can put them at peace. Which nothing can compaire to.

The line "Virtuous sensibility, escape velocity" says to me how there good life means in death the can find peace, escape the velocity of every day life.



Of course I see it also as wishing for a certain loved one, a loved,
 one has gotten under your skin, controls your thoughts and only having your wishes that you will hear those words, that it will all work out. See below for the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment