UA-494466866-1

Monday 31 March 2014

The Knack: My Sharona - Song Meaning


I first heard this song in the movie 'Reality Bites' and it's no doubt a very catchy song. But i never really listened to it properly before...actually more than a bit weird.

In terms of its lyrics, they seem to portray a guy who has extremely strange intentions with...i assume, a lady younger than himself: "Always get it up for the touch of the younger kind"..obviously..his feelings have not been reciprocated by the lady...as such he is not sure where they stand: "Here's a trip to destiny to destiny, or is it just a game in my mind Sharona?". 

And what's with the line "Keeping it a mystery, it gets to me, running down the length of my thigh, Sharona....hmmmmm????

Despite the somewhat disturbing lyrical content, an awesome song!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bbr60I0u2Ng

No comments:

Post a Comment