UA-494466866-1

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Day 13 - Tuesday September 24th 2013

I'm beginning to wonder why I had chosen to hide my illness from the majority of my friends, feel embarrassed about it and worse still, not taking it seriously until recently.

Like most things in this life you have to help yourself, especially when the medical service out there are very, very limited in dealing with MS. For a start they don't know what causes it, and what with the brain being so complex, it's the perfect excuse for the 'so called' professionals in claiming there is not much they can do, other than offer you the approved medicines out there. However I'm at a loss why they won't even discuss with their patients, the alternatives....healthy food and exercise, I'm converted, but don't take my word for it...watch Dr Wahls video below (it's amazing!!)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

Copy & paste link.

It's nearly 4am and I can't sleep, but it's probably because I'm elated to have met someone who listened to my story, and was very nice and wanted to know more about the condition and how it affects me. Moral of the story is people do care.

Today I woke from a terrible sleep, and with aches and pains still from exercising like a madman the other day. I'm always stiff when I wake in the morning (no pun intended) a host of stretches and 30 mins on my treadmill works wonders for me.

Exercise wise I calmed it down today. 30x squats, 30x each leg marching on spot, 30x each leg straightening out from a seated position and holding for 5 secs, 100x reps working arms and chest. 30 mins muscle electro stimulator working calves, 30 mins working biceps.

Breakfast - 2 slices toast with butter, 2 glasses of fresh orange juice

Lunch - Tomato soup, bowl of grapes & raspberries, 500ml bottle of water

Dinner - (broke my rules) Spicy Chicken pizza 2 pieces (rest binned as it was awful) tin of diet coke


No comments:

Post a Comment