UA-494466866-1

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Johnny Cash: Hurt - Song Meaning

I prefer this version of Hurt way more than the Nine Inch Nails version. Johnny Cash brought so much more emotion into the song, especially during the chorus. His voice is so powerful when it gets heavier "And you could have it all". I think this song is basiclly about all the mistakes one can make in life, and looking back at the past and regreting them. This song brings an extra punch of chills, and emotions when the lyrics in the second chorus go "If I could start again, a million miles away, I would keep myself, I would find a way". The true meaning of this song fits Johnny Cash so well when you think about the kinds of mistakes he made like drugs, you can think about his mistakes and your's as well when you listen to this song.

This song is amazing, Johnny Cash recorded this when he was dying...you can hear it but if you watch the video then you can actually see it. I though this song was great when I first heard it but when I actually saw the video it brought tears to my eyes. He made a statement with this and if you dont see this you CANT call yourself open minded.

When Trent from Nine Inch Nails (he wrote this's song) heard this version, he was blown away by it and said that it was Johnny's song now.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

No comments:

Post a Comment