UA-494466866-1

Sunday 20 April 2014

Rob Thomas: Little Wonders - Song Meaning

I have loved this song for years and it's very personal to me but i find it upsetting to listen to at times.

This song really resonates with me. I failed miserably at something I wanted very much and this song comes to mind often. Wallowing in my self-pity i could hear Rob Thomas's advice of, "let it slide, let your troubles fall behind you.." and realise that that's what I need to do. His statement that "our lives are made in these small hours" gives me some strength knowing that failures and crappy moments like what I'm experiencing don't define us. It's the little things we do when no one is looking are what the measure of our days will be based upon. Our response to moments of tragedy or failure is what will define us. These things are what will remain with us.

I think the main message of this song is not to live with regret. I think Rob Thomas is being sarcastic when he call them "these little wonders" these twists and turns of fate...I think he is trying to make light of them even though he knows they are serious to us in the moment...I think hes trying to say, take a deep breath cause the moment will pass...feelings will remain from whatever it is, but they won't tear at you like they do in the moment...I think the small hours he is talking about is when we reflect on life and sometimes those feelings are as real again as in the moment, but he is reminding us the moment is past and that its okay to acknowledge the feelings....I don't know.

Rob Thomas: Little Wonders - Music Video

No comments:

Post a Comment